Shared Services Canada
Starting in July 2016, Shared Services Canada procurements will be initiated using the Procure-to-Pay (P2P) Portal, a new system that electronically manages the procurement to payment processes. P2P will enable SSC to modernize business practices, expedite processing and payment with suppliers, and improve the end-to-end service delivery experience for our customers.
As Canadians prepared their tax information, Shared Services Canada’s (SSC) Service Delivery Management (SDM) Branch worked hard behind the scenes, collaborating with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), to lead the Tax Filing Infrastructure Readiness (TFIR) 2016 pro.
Government of Canada Modernizes Data Centre
May 24 2016 – The Honourable Judy M. Foote, Minister of Public Services and Procurement, announced a multi-year $322 million contract to Uptime Infrastructure Partners for the expansion of Shared Services Canada’s (SSC) Enterprise Data Centre (EDC) Borden, located at Canadian Forces Base (CFB) Borden, Ontario.
- Shared Service Canada's (SSC) role during an emergency situation is to provide support for the information technology (IT) infrastructure used by federal organizations to respond quickly to crises and deliver services to Canadians.
To respond to the wildfire in Fort McMurray, SSC has:
• delivered portable computing devices, as needed by partners, and distributed air cards and rocket sticks to connect to wireless networks;
• provided wireless hubs, cell phones and satellite phones to enhance communications capacity;
• maintained email and BlackBerry services for federal employees in the affected area;
• ensured network and telephone connectivity for multiple Service Canada evacuation and reception sites;
• worked closely with telecommunications service providers to account for downed communications towers; and
• monitored additional wildfires for possible Shared Services Canada support requirements.
- New Fact Sheets
$463 million to stabilize mission-critical information technology systems and to strengthen IT security.
Strengthening Cyber Security Protection
Budget 2016 strengthens the Government of Canada’s cyber-security regime.
- Date modified: