Shared Services Canada
Government of Canada Modernizes Data Centre
May 24 2016 – The Honourable Judy M. Foote, Minister of Public Services and Procurement, announced a multi-year $322 million contract to Uptime Infrastructure Partners for the expansion of Shared Services Canada’s (SSC) Enterprise Data Centre (EDC) Borden, located at Canadian Forces Base (CFB) Borden, Ontario.
SSC Report on Plans and Priorities for 2016–17 Tabled in Parliament
Shared Services Canada’s (SSC) 2016–17 Report on Plans and Priorities (RPP) was tabled in Parliament on March 7, 2016.
The RPP outlines SSC's commitments to improve service delivery and to update its plan to modernize the Government’s IT infrastructure to ensure continued sustainability and alignment with government priorities.
Reliable and Secure Information Technology Services to Canadians a Commitment of the New Government
Statement by the Honourable Judy Foote, Minister of Public Services and Procurement in response to the 2015 Fall Report of the Auditor General of Canada
Speaking Notes for Ron Parker, President of Shared Services Canada for the Information Technology Association of Canada Executive Breakfast Briefing
Shared Services Canada (SSC) President Ron Parker discussed the department's mandate and achievements, as well as the challenges it faces, at Information Technology Association of Canada (ITAC)'s Executive Breakfast Briefing on Friday, January 22.
- Shared Service Canada's (SSC) role during an emergency situation is to provide support for the information technology (IT) infrastructure used by federal organizations to respond quickly to crises and deliver services to Canadians.
To respond to the wildfire in Fort McMurray, SSC has:
• delivered portable computing devices, as needed by partners, and distributed air cards and rocket sticks to connect to wireless networks;
• provided wireless hubs, cell phones and satellite phones to enhance communications capacity;
• maintained email and BlackBerry services for federal employees in the affected area;
• ensured network and telephone connectivity for multiple Service Canada evacuation and reception sites;
• worked closely with telecommunications service providers to account for downed communications towers; and
• monitored additional wildfires for possible Shared Services Canada support requirements.
- New Fact Sheets: Budget 2016
Fact Sheet: Strengthening Cyber Security Protection
Budget 2016 strengthens the Government of Canada’s cyber-security regime.
Fact Sheet: Upgrading mission-critical IT systems
Budget 2016 infrastructure investments to upgrade the Government of Canada’s mission critical information technology systems.
- Date modified: